Nordic countries rated among the happiest countries in the world.
It is because in their everyday life Nordic people create stress free time and space enabling them to refresh their minds and bodies.
How they “chill out” varies from person to person. Reading a book alone, watching a film with somebody. Enjoying some well-made coffee without hurry, chatting bout the day’s events with one’s family. Lounging on the sofa and not doing anything in particular.
Metsä offers its visitors the chance to experience in that same kind of relaxation and coziness surrounded by a Nordic-like environment.
Because time spent in this way is time that brings happiness and contentment.
Experience the Nordic lifestyle
in a lakeside forest setting.
Metsä village, where one can experience something of the Nordic lifestyle and mindset, opens in November 2018 on the shore of Lake Miyazawa in Hanno City, Saitama Prefecture.
Entrance to Metsä Village is free of charge.
The natural setting of the Metsä facilities and the activities being offered will allow visitors to feel close to nature while also enjoying the park’s other attractions, which will include a marketplace and shops selling fresh local produce and Nordic goods as well as facilities for restaurants, cafes and workshops.
- Metsätie Metsätie, “forest path” in Finnish,
is the tree lined avenue that takes you from the park entrance to Lake Miyazawa.
- Market HallOn the first floor you will find a variety of locally grown produce
while on the second floor stores will offer a selection of Nordic brand products.
- Viking HallWith its name taken from the Nordic pirates of old,
the two story Viking Hall will house ten different restaurants.
- Nordic SquareNordic Square is a public space for people to gather around and socialize with each other.
It is also where seasonal and special events will take place.
- P apartmentPacked with heartfelt goods (Products) from the makers (People),
P apartment is a place where you can find those products that are just right for you.
- Metsä HallA facility for hosting limited time events, pop-up shops, local events,
private parties and other functions.
- LaituriLaituri, ”pier” in Finnish, allows the visitors to enjoy the abundant nature around the Lake
through a “stroll” on water in a self-designed canoe or on a rental boat.
You can find the latest news about Metsä village on social media.
Meeting the Moomin family & friends, and making new discoveries
Moominvalley Park, where one can encounter the Moomin family & friends and explore new things, opens in March 16th, 2019 on the shores of Lake Miyazawa in Hanno City, Saitama prefecture.
Inside the park you will find the iconic Moominhouse, along with other attractions that all give the visitor a personal experience of the Moomin stories: the lighthouse, theater and bathing hut along with other facilities that bring out the charm of the stories and artwork of Tove Jansson, the creator of the Moomins.
The park will also feature a large gift shop with Moominvalley Park original goods as well as restaurants that also pick up themes from the Moomin stories.
- Moominhouse and other facilities that let the visitor experience the charm of the Moomin stories
and the thoughts of their creator, Tove Jansson
- Indoor view of the exhibition facility
- The Moominhouse has three stories plus an attic and a basement
- A faithful reproduction of the surroundings
where the Moomin family and their friends live as depicted in Tove Jansson’s writings and artwork.
- The entrance builds anticipation for the oncoming world
of Moomin stories that lie ahead
- Bathing hut built by Moominpappa
- ’Ocean Orchestra’ where Moominpappa and his friends had many adventures
- A first of its kind, unique show with an intense feeling of immersion and presence
- Emma’s Theatre brings live entertainment to the visitors
- The lighthouse where the Moomin family took up temporary abode
You can find the latest news about MOOMINVALLEY PARK on social media.
- Press Release